Age comes with so many lovely benefits, including wisdom, experience, and a lifetime of beautiful memories. However, time tends to rob our skin of its resiliency as collagen and elastin production dwindles, causing wrinkles and sagging skin.
If you are one of the many that feel self-conscious about your aging appearance, you may be considering the possibility of getting a facelift or neck lift to turn back the clock by smoothing and tightening your skin. Having a face and neck lift can be a serious commitment, so here are three ways to tell if combining these surgeries is right for you.
What is a Facelift?
A rhytidectomy, or facelift, is a facial plastic surgery procedure used to reposition fat and muscular tissue to correct loose, drooping skin in the lower part of the face, the cheeks to the jawline, and below the eyes. The results are natural-looking improvements that are long-lasting.
A facelift can help address:
- Deep creases in the face
- Loose facial skin
- A “Sunken” appearance
- A “turkey neck” caused by loose skin
- A double chin caused by loose skin
- Sagging cheeks
What Is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift is also a facial plastic surgery procedure designed to improve sagging and fat buildup on the neck and under the chin to create a smoother, more refined-looking neckline. A neck lift can address:
- Double chin
- Excess skin underneath the neck due to weakened platysma muscles in the neck and under the chin
Three Signs You Should Combine a Face and Neck Lift
While these two procedures are effective on their own, they’re even stronger together. When combined, a facelift and a neck lift produce beautifully rejuvenated results that harmonize with one another. Combing the procedures will help provide a more natural-looking outcome by simultaneously restoring the face and neck for an all-over younger appearance.
Here are three signs you might benefit from combining a facelift and neck lift:
- There are hollows underneath your eyes and around your cheekbones where the skin has formed wrinkles and dropped.
- The skin underneath your chin sags.
- Dermal fillers, Botox, and other forms of non-invasive treatments aren’t enough to produce the results you want to achieve. Dermal fillers and Botox are excellent temporary fixes to facial problems, but sometimes they aren’t enough. A facelift with a neck lift will provide you with the results you want and will last for much longer.
Facelift and Neck Lift in Northern Virginia and Washington DC
With over 30 years of experience, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Shlomo Widder has become one of the most sought-after plastic surgeons in the Northern Virginia and Washington DC metro areas. Few can match his expertise and provide his level of unrivaled plastic surgery services. His main priority is always the safety and satisfaction of his patients. Dr. Widder understands how plastic surgery can positively affect someone’s life and strives to provide that wellness and happiness for each of his loyal patients. For more information, call us at (703) 506- 0300 or contact us online to schedule your consultation today.